The Bain Capital Lie
It was a topic most Americans were sorely ignorant about and yet, driven into a frenzy over, Bain Capital. It probably sunk Mitt Romney more than any other issue. People saw past his Mormon cultism. People overlooked his tremendous personal wealth, which Democrats always try and say is a bad thing. People even overlooked his Romneycare, since Obamacare is already passed and threatens to turn this country into a 3rd world nation.
All of those claims were able to be ignored, but the Bain Capital issue was even brought up the day before the election. But, when one does a bit of research, they find that Bain Capital is not an inherently evil company.
Let’s compare it to a real life scenario:
- a person doesn’t work their 40 hours for 2 weeks and take home half the paycheck they normally get
- they cannot afford the bills they have
- the bill collectors start calling, due to not receiving payment
- the person goes to a bank, who refuses to give them a personal loan
- the person then goes to a payday loan place that lends them the money, but gives them a very high interest rate
- the person pays their bills
- the person is again short on their paycheck
- the payday loan place start repossessing the person’s items
- the person curses the payday loan place and tries to get them shut down or take some other action against them