Cash for Clunkers Scam
On the CARS website, that one would go to, to submit their info to participate in the cash for clunkers program, you have to agree to the privacy statement. You know those privacy statements that everyone has when you sign up on a website? Here’s the catch. In this privacy statement the government can spy on you and your car dealer. The car dealer gets the benefit of the warning, you do not.
“This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged on to the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer system and is the property of the US Government. Any or all uses of this system and all files may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personal, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.”
Here’s the second catch. It doesn’t matter if you agree to it or not. Just by being on the website they assume your tacit agreement. Since this is the government it is all legal, till the supreme court wakes up and actually does their job.
What does this mean?
1. if you have skype they can listen to your whole conversation
2. if you have outstanding tickets, warrants, they can alert local police to your location [since you’re on the computer ]
3. they will scan your hard drive
4. they will view what websites you go to
5. they can seize all your bank information and [should you owe taxes] unilaterally seize the funds out of your bank account, without warning, hearing, nor recourse.
6. they can monitor all activity on the computer
7. your computer becomes the property of the United States
And, again, this is just by you going to the website. You do not have to log in. I highly recommend against the cash for clunkers program. You will end up paying for whatever you think you’re getting in taxes anyway. Why? Because, the government is the one spending the money. They will have to raise taxes to the tune of $2 billion so far.
Cash for Clunkers Qualifications is Insane
The program is also stupid.
- People are trading in cars that are working [ to qualify you must have a working car ]
- and the car is paid for [ to qualify you must have paid off all loans on the traded in car ]
- and you get in return a couple of thousand dollars off
- a brand new car [ to qualify the car you are purchasing must be brand new ]
- that you have to take a loan out for. [unless your well off and purchase it with cash, but… you wouldn’t need cash for clunkers for that would you?]
America Please WAKE UP!!!