Let’s visit now this new mania sweeping the nation call the 912 project. I don’t know what the difference is but Glenn Beck’s move from Headline News to Fox “News” has sparked a change in the old man. Oddly enough he makes more sense now than he did before. I find myself catching bits and pieces of his show every now then, or seeing a video of it on youtube and to my utter disbelief I find myself agreeing with him. Have I gone to the dark side or has he come full circle and sees the light. In his show he announced The 912 Project [ who’s website went down almost instantaneously due to heavy traffic ]
912 is a play on words i.e. the day after 9/11 [which saw a tremendous outpouring of patriotism, a want to be a national community and help one another, and he enunciates some principles and values that Americans hold dear. In fact [ and here’s where i suddenly get the shivers for agreeing with him ] I daresay if every American stood up and voiced their belief this country might just pull out of this slump and government wouldn’t just swallow us up in its zeal to gain more power.
The 9 Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The 12 Values
- Hard Work
- Personal Responsibility
We just had a shooting in Alabama by the Alabama Gunman Which sparked debate again about gun control. The old sarcastic response comes to mind: guns don’t kill people, people kill people. And, it really is true. If someone wants you dead, for all intents and purposes, you’re dead. It’s not the gun that facilitates the circumstance, it’s the psychology of the man behind it. If you read over my other blogs you will notice this pattern of me encouraging people to stand up for themselves and be cordial to one another. Supposedly, I feel this gunman was driven mad by those around him and instead of standing up for himself and confronting the problem… he blew up.
Don’t be like him. Don’t blow up. Don’t lash out just to lash out. If something is truly bothering you get on the phone and talk to that person, or quit, or … get on your knees and pray for mercy and strength. Internalize the 912 project.
Please Visit My Website: Las Vegas DUI Lawyer
Watch Me on Youtube: Shakaama Live